Thursday, July 17, 2008

Money Crisis

Can't believe it, its already more than a week here in Sabah. I already expect that I'll spend quite some amount of money, however the rate of spending is much much more than what I expect. Including the rental for the house, I had spend more than 500 bucks. OMG!! Not exactly the figure that I would give in my 1st week back here in Sabah. I was in total shock by the figure. Got a few text books, and they are definately not cheap. And 2 of them is think and heavy. Ouch. This semester we got a few promising good lecturers. Had some interesting classes in the 1st week. One of the few classes that I was dying to attend back here in UMS is Japanese. This year, my japanese teacher is Chiew Tung Moi. Although I originally wanted Oike-sensei to be my teacher, however the only time i can enter his class is at night. However, I'm not interested in going into a night class. Therefore i had to join other sensei's class. Its not bad. Many of my friends is in the same class.

We already had divided ourselves into groups for assignment and group presentation. My group members are all new friends which 2 of them are from software engineering. Looking forward to start the assignment with them. Chiew-sensei asked us to give her our objectives for learning japanese for the 3rd semester. However, my sole objective is to understand japanese well so i can have more understanding when watching anime and reading their manga. If possible, i would also like to advance to reading some japanese light novels which is very interesting and some of them are made into anime's. However this reason wouldn't be a solid reason to give to the teachers. =.=".

This semester will be a very very busy one as my timetable is very full. Had classes everyday which is from morning and last into the evening. I even had to wake up early on Saturdays as I joined the Fencing Club. When I entered UMS, I was attracted by 2 kokurikulum, which is Archery and Fencing. I somehow manage to enter Archery as my kokum. And is proud to say I had a chance to enter the competition for archery between universities. The offer is very tempting and its a rare chance that i perform so well in a sport. "(I am generally not that good in sports)" I would get to use an advance bow(its expensive), have my own customized length of arrows and other stuff. I really really really wanted to enter it. However, due to certain cercumstances i didn't enter it. I now have the chance to enter Fencing. Yeah!! Looking forward to the 1st training session this saturday. Had a basketball game with friends at 6am then at 9 i have fencing at UMS. Nice to play some sports here as i rarely done so during my 1st year.

Going to watch Hellboy II with my housemates, who some are also my coursemates in a newly opened shopping complex. Hope that i will enjoy my day there.

No comments: